Services Independent Verification and Validation
Independent Verification and Validation
IBTS provides unbiased, independent evaluation services for building systems and regulatory programs Insurance and finance companies, homeowners and citizens expect that government regulations and inspections will result in safe, comfortable and well constructed buildings. To meet this expectation, the government has created regulatory programs to ensure compliance with building standards and regulations. Federal government agencies monitor these programs, collect data, and provide assistance to the program participants (third parties, contractors, developers, grant recipients, and local and state agencies). Often the government must facilitate progress and take administrative or legal actions to ensure compliance.
IBTS assists both government and program participants by providing independent verification, monitoring and assessment services on a national or local basis. As a not-for-profit entity, IBTS is able to provide unbiased evaluations, develop and implement processes of data collection, analysis, and reporting to the government. Through these services, IBTS helps increase the effectiveness and efficiency of government programs. IBTS also assists the government in developing follow-up actions and options. If needed, IBTS can provide expert testimonial services to the government.
IBTS's services in the area of independent verification and validation include:
- Conducting independent verification and validations through inspections, interviews, and record reviews
- Assessing performance of third party agencies, developers, contractors, and grant recipients
- Assessing state and local agencies' processes against the requirements
- Assessing user complaints and assisting in follow-up actions, providing expert testimony
- Compiling data on programs and complaints
Response to Client Needs
- Priority building
- Long-term inspections
- Military Housing
- Disaster Analysis during state of emergency